I AM SARAH
I'm a registered and licensed dietitian who loves her fruits & veggies. I also love exploring how incorporating more plant foods into your diet can drastically change your life!
I have worked as a registered and licensed dietitian since 2012 and have been plant-based a bit longer than that. I practiced for years in the clinical realm: rehabs, long-term care facilities, and hospitals. However, my passion has always been preventative healthcare- specifically through the use of whole, plant foods. Basically, I want to prevent you from getting plagued with chronic disease (obesity, heart disease, diabetes, cancer, etc) by helping you alter your lifestyle to one that promotes optimal health!
It may sound radical to some, but the science and research is there! A well-balanced, whole-food, plant-based lifestyle can prevent and even reverse chronic disease, lead to sustained long-term weight loss, and boost energy levels- all without complicated rules to follow (lookin’ at you- calorie counting/macro tracking).
My goal is to serve as your guide in making positive mindset shifts regarding your nutrition and eating practices, as well as providing education and practical and actionable tips to transform your lifestyle. Without judgment and without pressure.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
B.S. in Nutrition & Foods
from Texas State University
RDN (Registered Dietitian Nutritionist)
Specializing in Plant Based Nutrition
LD (Licensed Dietitian)
Licensed in Texas
FIVE RANDOM FACTS
1. Despite my many attempts, the only raffle I’ve ever won was a small Barbie keyboard. I didn’t even enter; my dad did.
2. If I were reincarnated as an animal, I’d pick a dolphin because they can swim, surf, and perform acrobatics. I can do none of these things.
3. I have trypophobia- an aversion to the sight of clusters of small holes or bumps. Ickkkk!
4. The only celebrity sightings I’ve had have been in movie theaters- Willie Nelson and Shaquille O’Neal.
5. I like to rewatch The Office and/or Parks & Recreation at least once per year.